These healing methods are designed to assess where the body’s energy is blocked, trapped, or not in harmony, and then correct the flow of this energy by aligning the body’s energy to boost health and vitality. All of these modalities have the ability to stimulate the body’s natural self-healing and self-regulating abilities, and have helped clients with a number of different ailments, including:
- Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, Phobias, Panic disorders, PTSD, OCD, Adrenal Burnout, Fatigue, Nightmares, Chronic pain, Fibromyalgia, Digestive disorders, Psychosomatic pain, Headaches/Migraines, Vertigo, Addiction, EMF Radiation, PMS/Menstrual issues, Infertility, Menopause symptoms, TMJ, Arthritis, Appetite, Allergies, Drug Detox, Herpes outbreaks, Plantar warts, Emotional pain, Chemo-induced Nausea and Vomiting, Pregnancy related Nausea and Vomiting, Parkinson’s tremors, Increased immunity, Faster healing and recovery, Better posture, and much more!
- Clients have also reported feeling: calm, centered, grounded, balanced, lighter, clearer, stronger, more focused and resilient, more organized, motivated and inspired to make better choices, stronger boundaries, increased confidence, self-worth and acceptance, getting “unstuck” from unhealthy habits and patterns, being able to “let go and move forward,” feeling more comfortable in their body, expansive thinking, a higher degree of self-expression, dissolving creative blocks, being more present, patient, loving, and compassionate in relationships, more open-minded, less rigid thinking, the courage to try new things and explore, and a newfound resilience and energy to weather the trials and tribulations of everyday life.
Preparing for a Session
- Wear comfy clothes- you will be lying fully clothed on a massage table or sitting in a chair.
- Do not eat a big heavy meal beforehand. If you do eat, keep it light and fresh.
- Make sure you are well hydrated! Due to the sound-conductive properties of water, sound travels much faster in water and allows the treatments to be more effective, and being well hydrated also greatly reduces any potential chance that your body has a detox response afterwards.
- Do not plan to have a lot on your schedule afterwards; most people need a bit of down time, and ample rest gives your body a chance to process and integrate what was received during the session.
- Setting an intention beforehand for what you wish to receive during our session is also highly beneficial.
- I’ve also noticed that the more open, receptive, and hopeful clients show up to a session, the results tend to be better and are seen faster.
- Your expectations and mindset play a major role in the effectiveness of the treatments, as well as your self-care habits on a daily basis.
After a Session
- Hydrotherapy – Drinking plenty of water and herbal teas after a session is highly recommended, and soaking either your feet or your whole body in a mineral or epsom salt bath for 20 min minimum supports the body in detoxifying or releasing any physical components from the blockages released from the energy field.
- Earthing/Grounding – In climates that permit, it is highly recommended to spend some time walking barefoot outside in the grass or soil after your session. Connecting your bare feet to the Earth will help to ground your energy, drawing excess energy down and out of the body, and drawing the Earth’s negatively charged ions up into the body. This helps create a state of electromagnetic equilibrium in the system that can potentially relieve a wide variety of discomforts. If you are not in an area where you can go outside, I suggest buying a grounding mat to conveniently use in your home. I have two purchased from Ultimate Longevity that I can’t live without!
- Homework – Becoming well-balanced usually requires a change in perception and/or action of some kind or another. Simply becoming more aware of our habitual subconscious behaviors by becoming aware of ourselves from the place of “the witness” broadens the trajectory of our life’s possibilities, and ultimately, we become freer to choose healthy and self-supporting behaviors.
Everyone is different and will have a unique experience of a Reiki, Crystal, Colorpuncture, Acutonic, or Biofield Tuning treatment. After a session, most people report feeling lighter, clearer, calmer, more relaxed, more self-aware, and energized. *Sometimes* clients will experience a detox response, which can vary greatly. Some clients have reported:
- Profound exhaustion/tiredness/fatigue/lethargy, needing to sleep or lay low for a day or more. Generally, this happens to people who have been “running on empty” or “burning the candle at both ends”.
- Waves of emotions: Extreme emotionalism, or being very aware of formerly masked or buried emotions— crying, being angry, sad or hyperemotional.
- Flu-like symptoms
- Headaches and/or dizziness
- Increased activity with dreams
- In very rare instances: skin rashes, mucus, fever, vomiting, loose stools, excessive thirst.
Generally, these symptoms are detoxification and is your body’s way of releasing stress/trauma, and pass within 1-3 days, but if a condition persists, it is important to see me again— sooner than later. Sometimes people can get “stuck” in the unwinding process and need an additional boost to complete the adjustments and help get things moving along. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out and discuss these with me.
There are no contraindications with Reiki, Crystal healing, Colorpuncture, or Acutonics; all of these modalities are safe for everyone and gentle enough to be used on anyone with any condition. Biofield Tuning, however, is contraindicated for these conditions:
- Active Cancer – Once cancer has advanced in the body, detox pathways are often compromised, and the body may have difficulty digesting newly introduced energetic input. The body also may not have the resources to effectively manage detox symptoms that may result from Biofield Tuning. (These statements refer to cancer that is active and/or in treatment; NOT to cancer that is in remission.)
- End of Life/Terminal Illness – Biofield Tuning may overwhelm end-of-life body systems which are often in a depleted energetic state. End-of-life detox may be uncomfortable as the body’s systems are compromised and may not have the resources to effectively manage detox symptoms. Certain components of Biofield Tuning have been used as a means of calming the nervous system during end-of-life circumstances to ease transitions.
- Pregnancy – During pregnancy, the body expends a tremendous amount of energy. Biofield Tuning may overwhelm this already overextended system. The body may not have the resources to effectively manage detox symptoms which may affect both mother and baby. Components of Biofield Tuning have been used to promote relaxation during pregnancy.
- Electrical Medical Implants (Pacemakers, Medtronic Pumps, Neural Implants) – Tuning forks may interfere with the electrical functioning of these devices due to the added vibrational input. No reports of ill effects have been associated with newer pacemakers; we would proceed with caution, careful observation, and the advice of your medical professional.
- Recent Concussions – When the brain is swollen, it takes time for the inflammation to resolve. I suggest waiting at least 3 months after a significant injury for the brain to heal before receiving Biofield Tuning on or around the head. The rest of the body can receive gentle tuning shortly after injury occurs. Each case is different— with mild concussions, components of Biofield Tuning may be used before the 3 month waiting period.
- Morbid Obesity – Suppressed emotions and energy can be held in adipose tissue. If there is extensive adipose tissue, Biofield Tuning may result in unpredictable and strong emotional releases and/or uncomfortable detox responses. Individuals may be more comfortable receiving Biofield Tuning while seated versus on a treatment table.
- Metal Toxicity – A Biofield Tuning session may initiate a large release of toxins from cells, resulting in discomfort. Some individuals with heavy metal toxicity have experienced a strong detox response following a Biofield Tuning session. Consider seeking help from additional modalities, such as vitamins and supplements, that may support the detoxification process.
- Considerations – If you take any medications, have large varicose veins, dental anomalies (dental implants, chipped/broken teeth, bone fragments in gums), epilepsy, thyroid issues, fractured/broken bones, and/or metal implants (metal rods, screws, plates), please mention them on the intake form you will receive upon booking a session. Depending on the issue, I will either avoid certain areas altogether, use lighter pressure, or a gentler technique with the tuning forks. Disclosing an accurate health history is important and determines which treatment will be most beneficial for you. Your information is kept confidential and will not be shared with anyone.
Biofield Tuning can be done at a distance via zoom or phone session and produces the same results as in person sessions, with some clients reporting better outcomes and effectiveness, possibly because of the convenience and ease of the client resting in the comfort of their own home, inducing a greater degree of relaxation and openness. I have personally received several Biofield Tuning distance sessions and can attest to their power! Eileen Day McKusick, the founder of Biofield Tuning, does an excellent job of explaining how and why distance sessions work. You can find all kinds of beneficial information and educational videos related to electric health on her Youtube channel. She is a true pioneer in this emerging field of energy medicine and Biofield research, and someone I highly admire and look up to as a fellow healthcare professional!
How Many Sessions
Each session has a cumulative effect, meaning each session builds off of the previous one. Since every person has their own unique genetic makeup and health history, the number of sessions varies with each client. The number of treatments needed also depends on what type of issue we are dealing with, how long you’ve had it, and how chronic it is. Typically, I suggest starting with at least 3 sessions, spaced out 1-2 weeks apart from each other. After three sessions, we can then reevaluate and see if further treatments are needed. I’ve seen dramatic results in some clients after just one session, but usually, 3-5 sessions is enough to greatly reduce any symptoms associated with a clients particular ailment, and clients then come see me on an “as needed” basis— whenever they feel like they could use a tune-up. There are always deeper layers of healing that seem to surface when they’re ready to be addressed. Just like you wouldn’t expect a six-pack of abs after just one workout at the gym, or losing weight after just one day of healthy eating, it takes time to see the results you want. The issues you’re dealing with most likely didn’t accumulate overnight— it took a while for your body to be in the state that it is currently in, so be patient with yourself, with these treatments, and with the healing process in general. Genuine healing takes time, but if you are eating healthy foods, drinking enough water, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, taking vitamins and supplements, using a grounding mat or Earthing, avoiding bad relationships and toxic environments, and keeping your stress levels down with a favorite hobby, activity or meditation, the results will come faster, they will last longer, and you won’t need to see me too much!